Monday, November 4, 2013

Sea to Sky Seasonings is dead long live Sea to Sky Salt

Everyone in the Industry know I start my Company in Vancouver in 1991 and Incorporate in 1993.  I was the first to experiment with sea salt infusion, herbs blends, peppers, rubs, infused and aged vinegar, vanilla... great creations + a wonderful clientele following me for years ( Thank-you so much).
I was very successful with a wholesale account on Granville Island and for 5 years our partnership was wonderful till one of the owner purchase the other partner,  well everything go downhill from there, they stop purchasing my products and start his own company with a very similar products as my best seller at is store & name the new company to a very similar name as one of my best seller blend ( Sea to Sky Salt),  I was lucky to trademark the name when I felt this will be a problem, for years between layers I finally won several battles, Sea to Sky Salt ® is own by Maison Cote Edible made in Vancouver®. 
You could not stop anyone to do a very similar product as yours, as some say it is to make a tribute of your talent or imitation is the sincerest form of flattery (Probably written by an imitator)... but there is little Victory and those make it bearable to pursue our dedication to our work 
They drop the name and rebrand with still a very similar product as the one I do since 1991.
Maison Cote Edible made in Vancouver®
Sea To Sky Salt®
An original flavors creator in Vancouver Since 1991
Thank-you for you continuous support
You could find us at Granville Island Public Market, Usually on Week-End
Vancouver Farmers Market
Whistler Farmers Market
Circle Craft
Out Of Hand Victoria
Make it Vancouver
see schedule online at www.maisoncote.com


No comments: