Friday, January 27, 2012

Maison Cote fresh ricotta and easy tomato pasta

 Fresh Pasta is so easy 
2 cup of flour, 2 egg, and a bit of cold water  start with a soup spoon and adjust  some flour absorb more then other  as I am using here a 00 I add 1/8 of a cup of water, 
 as I use an infuse 00 tomatoes flour I was surprise to see chunk of sundry tomatoes I pass to a sieve and ground it find into my food processor add to my preparation let it spin with a regular beater not the dough hook, till it crumble in pieces
Then I go manual to work the gluten, let rest for 30 Min. at least 

 Then I need to make some ricotta to go with my pasta, 2 liter of whole milk, a cup of whipping cream  the juice of one medium size lemon.  In a non reactive pot add milk and cream, bring to a slow rolling boil then add the lemon juice stir for 30 Sec and reduce the heat   
 Filter to large sieve with cheese cloth
 let drain it well, you could add seasoning as a pesto then you could 
 Rolling the dough
Stuffing made with fresh ricotta blend with black kalamata olive

No comments: