Wednesday, March 9, 2011

maison Cote Edible made in Vancouver Saffron Gin

I just have dinner with my Good Friend Angie as she just move to a new house I want to celebrate the occasion with a little Gift.
With Angie it is a bit tricky as she love food, travel lot and is very food educated so to surprise her it is not easy. Last time I indulge her with a WA. state Bacon Vodka, She was pretty happy, Today I fund in Aldegrove BC, a liquor store with a very helpful and knowledgeable staff helping me to find a Gift for my Good Friend, I was looking for Canadian product BC First or Quebec with an Ice Apple Cider, But those I offer them often, she show me the Saffron Gin from Dijon France I was sold the Packaging is beautiful but the color of the Liquor seal the deal to me, I could imagine to deglaze scallop or all white fish for a Bouillabaisse, a lobster risotto.
I was so empress with this product as soon as I offer it to my Friend she open it just to smell it Perfume WOW
I wonder if I could just infuse some vodka with Saffron but there was more into this bottle, I could smell the Juniper & some citrus
I will try to infuse and if it work I will give you my recipe
Till then happy cooking

No comments: